Biometric systems have become the most preferred devices for security firms today. This device help firms track time and attendance of their guards including day offs and leaves. The process involves getting the fingerprint of each guard to keep a record of their time in and out throughout the working period.
The information collected by biometric devices helps in preparation of payroll, so that payments can be done successfully. These devices have played a big role in eliminating ghost workers in security firms and ensuring every guard is paid on time. It’s also part of keeping up with the technology for fast and efficient services.
Below are some advantages of biometric devices for security firms:
- Eliminate buddy punching: When you install biometric device for a security firm, it help eliminate a situation where one guard can punch in for someone else if they are late or absent. This helps to prevent employees from cheating their working time.
- Increases security: This device ensures that only the authorized personnel get access to critical areas in the workplace. It prevents outsiders from accessing the premises without permission and ensures every guard reports to their assigned area of work.
- Increased accuracy: Biometric devices are more accurate than the traditional systems. Its attributes are difficult to duplicate or forge. Security firms can use these devices to increase accuracy of payroll for each pay period. One is able to upload the salary sheet and payment is done within a very short period.
- Seamless integration: Biometric devices can integrate with time and attendance system, surveillance, and access control which are managed using a single window on a computer.
- Improved return on investment: Compared to traditional identification system, biometric identification improves accountability; enhance accuracy and saves on time in security firms.
In conclusion, security firms need to obtain biometric devices to monitor time and attendance of their security guards. Some of the benefits of biometric devices include increases security, accuracy, and time saving; eliminate buddy punching and improved return on investment.