Employee self-service (ESS) is a web-based application that provides employees with access to their payroll details and personal records. It helps employees to communicate with the Human resource department without physically being there.
Both small and large enterprise can benefit from the employees self- service portal in many ways. Before you invest in any software, it is important to do a thorough research to weigh in on the pros and cons of the system before acquiring it.
Below are some benefits of an employee-self -service portal:
- Employees can enter easily track their working Hours: Some of the ESS systems are integrated with time and attendance system where the information automatically sync in with the payroll system making it easy to calculate employee’s wage.
- Employees can view important documents: It allows employees to upload critical documents to the software. Employees can also update their documents with ease.
- Access to pay history: This allows employees to view their pay history including their pay-slips, how much time they have worked and total deductions during that period.
- Employees can update their allowances: Employees self service allows employees to update their allowance where they are automatically updated during the next payroll.
- Updating personal details: This include critical information such as bank details, phone number, addresses and so on. Employee can use the ESS system to update these details whenever there is a change making it easier for the HR department to retrieve them.
- Improved employee confidence: ESS portals provide a platform where employees can share their ideas and combine effort to accomplish a common goal.
- Leverages the power of mobility: The employee self -service portal can be accessed through the mobile app which makes it more convenient to all the workforce management in delivering their task.
There is need for every business to have an employee self- service portal. Some of the benefits of an ESS portal in the workplace are to enable employees to indicate their working hours, view their documents, access their pay history, edit their personal details, improve employee confidence and leverage the power of mobility.