Human resource management system is a function within an organization that deals with directing, managing and recruiting people. It also focuses on issues related to safety, wellness, benefits, employee’s motivation, training, performance management and compensation.
HRM has evolved to enable streamline HR needs. Businesses which embrace HR system benefit both directly and indirectly. The system has contributed in different ways in the economy as discussed below;
Importance of a HRM System
A good HMR system is crucial to every business today; here are the reasons to justify this statement:
- Helps in achieving strategic goals of the company; The System helps in instituting and recommending strategies for people and the company. Thus it helps in achieving the goals, vision and the intended mission.
- Reduces errors: HRM system helps to automate most common processes such as payroll information and helps keeping everything working properly.
- Boost Morale: This system enables workers to manage their own benefits, which makes them feel in control and they are able to deliver and their project.
- It monitors the business culture: HRM system allows for ownership of organization culture, and it is spread across all the employees. A clean work culture ensures a higher job satisfaction.
- Helps in conflict management: Disagreement may occur between the employee and the employer; however the HR department acts as the mediator to sort out issues in an effective manner.
- Concerned in overall recruitment and training workforce: With the help of managers hired by the employers, the management is able to devise strategies for bringing the right people in the organization.
- Takes care of performance management: The system is responsible for keeping people feel motivated .It allows for an effective feedback mechanism from time to time. It is also responsible for recognition and rewarding people’s performance.
- Improved employee data tracking: The system helps in monitoring absence of staff, company’s property costs and pay gap statistics .It enables sharing of information easily and securely.
Conclusion on HRM system
HRM system facilitates combination of effectiveness and efficiency in the organization, thus most companies should embrace it. It handles tasks such as performance management, payroll, benefits, motivation and training and development.